Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BLUUM Lil' Artiste April 2013 Review

 Bluum is a monthly subscription service for babies/toddlers to age 3.  They send lots of goodies based on the theme of your child's developmental stage. This month is "Lil' Artiste".  The cost is $24.95/month and so far has not disappointed.  They had a little difficulty getting the boxes out on time, but aside from a very lengthy trip from NY to CA, my April box is finally here.  Instead of each month being a certain theme for everyone, they assign you a theme based on age.  Last month was "fine dining".  This really seems to help their boxes cater more directly to the child.  Click HERE to sign up and automatically get 15 bonus points! If you use the link above you automatically get 15 points to put toward a future Bluum Box!


First look, I can tell that the box is packed!


Max and Lulu by Crocodile Creek Plush toy.  $9.99 on their website.  This item was on sale, marked down from $19.95 so I count the actual price for my value. This is a super cute/well made stuffed animal, though I'm not sure how it follows the theme for the month.  



Alex toys Scribble pad and Carson Dellosa stickers.  Pad $2.56 and stickers $1.79.  The stickers look a little Hokey, but I'm sure I'll use them at some point. 



Happy Baby Snacks.  These are good to have around as toddlers can usually always use snacks, however, my son can't eat any of these, but I'll try to offer them just in case. So, I guess that does save me money, but I will most likely have to throw these out.  $4 each.


Alex Jr., tots first crayons and a 15% off coupon.  $6.54


Kandoo hand sanitizer $2.50.  They also sent a 50% off first order from Fabkids.  Unfortunately this is worthless to me as I have a boy and the ONLY have girl clothes at this point. 


So, the box LOOKS full, but when you add it all up, its most definitely not worth the money this month.  I'm pretty darn disappointed.  I dislike it when boxes send vouchers that you have to spend more money to get an item, but I dislike it even more when you can't even use the voucher because they don't carry anything in your gender.  Not a very smart move in my opinion since after my three months are up, I'm thinking about whether or not I continue.  Hmmm.  The box was valued at $31.38 this month.  I really don't think that's a very good value for a subscription box that charges you $25.  I'm sure this box was perfect for someone, just not us :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment