Friday, April 19, 2013

WITTLEBEE April 2013 Review

This was my first month with Wittlebee and I used a code for $15 off my first month.  They send out 6 items based on your style profile and sizes.  They pick three and you pick three to make sure that there's something you definitely like in the box.  Click HERE to sign up!  Use code madness to save 50% off your first box.


I chose Brights as my colors (I bet you couldn't tell!).  This box is for size 18-24 months.  I was excited when my showroom opened up for me to choose my 3 items, but there were only 4 things in it and I wasn't thrilled about any of them.  Boo!  I was crossing my fingers that I actually liked what they included since I didn't like the show room stuff. 


Two threadless tees.  I thought they were cute (I picked the one on the right), however on the showroom, the shirt was like a regular t-shirt, not a baby shirt, so that's strike one.  Strike 2 is the material is AWFUL!!! it has tags cut out of it and the material feels like it was made in a sweatshop in some remote village.  VERY VERY disappointed in these two items. I would put value at $5 each, but I know they consider these shirts $19.99 a piece.  I would never ever buy these.  They are like the super cheap and thin onesie material.  Gross!




These two were my pick, so I like them.  This is sold as a set usually so my price is for both items $33.15






This was the only other item in my box and it is definitely NOT short sleeved like I requested and definitely NOT brights.  However, I like the material and this is probably my favorite thing.  Violet and Moss is a nice cozy brand so I was sort of happy with this.  $50.  I couldn't find the exact item. 

Overall, not very pleased, but it wasn't a full priced box, so I'm not going to complain, but I will not be renewing for this service.  Not as thrilled as others are, but maybe I just had a bad experience. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your showroom only had 4 choices? I haven't been a subscriber since before the change over to picking 3 of your own, so I never got to see it, but it doesn't sound that great! Bummer.
    I actually cancelled after my first month, too. I have a daughter and the only box I selected for things I needed was "skirts and dresses" and my colors were brights. I was open to getting other things, of course, too, but my box didn't even have one skirt or dress and the colors were mostly dull. We got 2 thin pairs of leggings (dark blue and gray), 2 oddly thick long sleeved shirts (again dark blue and gray, and looked suspiciously like they were probably made for boys), a pink pair of sweatpants, and a pink sweatshirt. I was so disappointed. I called them up right away to ask what happened and they offered to exchange my box with them paying for shipping, so I figured why not. I got the same box back with 3 items removed and a really ugly dress and clashing tights thrown in. I donated the whole box and cancelled. The next month I got the email talking about how they knew they were doing poorly and recommending everyone skip December to let them sort things out.
    I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with them too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I was so disappointed in their selection. I guess the show room changes over every season according to their response when I offered "feedback". I'm thinking it was just because it was the end of a season. But, I will maybe do one summer month just to see if they can redeem themselves!

      Delete