Friday, March 8, 2013

LALAALU Box #2

LaLaaLu is a new company that gears their boxes more toward city parents.  They are based in NYC and their products are definitely only for this group. The boxes don't go by month, but by number.  So, you always will get box #1 even if you sign up now.  I don't think this is a great marketing strategy because you can shop ahead and see what items were in the box and decide if you want those specific items instead of being surprised.  For example, I received boxes #1 and #2, but canceled before I got #3 because I thought it was terrible.  They are a brand new company and I'm sure they will iron out the kinks.  I will say that the boxes come loaded with stuff.  Not just one sample, but jam packed.  They also have boxes for babies, toddlers and big kids.  Big kids boxes go through age 6 and this is one demographic that usually misses out on the sub boxes.  Click here to sign up!


 They always include a nice write up of the items in the boxes.  This is so helpful!

  

See what I mean about jam packed!  There are 6 plum pouches in here in three different varieties.  
 
















These Wexy lunch bags are super cute, but in a weird shape so you can't fit a sandwich, but larger than the average snack bag.  This is a full box of these, not just a sample!

Hyland's teething tablets are always needed with babies and toddlers.  Can't go wrong there. 


6 Mish Mash plum tots.



Ok, this is where I get lippy.  My box is for toddlers 1-3.  This item is a beginner sippy cup for kids 6m+.  I get that I am still in the + range with a 1 1/2 year old, but by this age its recommended to stop using the sippies and start using straw cups for oral motor development.  I really don't see a three year old using a freaking beginner sippy cup.  I wrote them an email to let them know of my dissatisfaction, as mOmma makes a straw cup they could have included instead. They got all elitist on my saying that "city moms and dads thought this was still appropriate".  Ummm, no, its not.  end rant.  

I guess lice is running rampant in NYC so this licelogic shampoo/conditioner was included.  I like the idea of it, its all natural so its not just for lice prevention.

Overall, I thought the box was so-so.  I canceled because I saw that next month had more lice logic stuff and a nasopure as their big items.  I have an item similar to the nasopure and it didn't really seem to have a lot of value, so I canceled.   This is where their chronological ideology has problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment