Wednesday, March 20, 2013

THE HAPPY TRUNK March 2013 review

 The Happy Trunk is a monthly craft box sent directly to your child.  They have boxes for kids up to age 12, so that's a nice touch.  My 9 year old usually gets left out of the subscription box world.  Not anymore!  He loves crafts and science so this is right up his alley.  The big kid box only includes two activities since they are more involved.  The boxes are $19.95/month.  I signed up through a plum district special so I received half off a 3 month subscription.  Click HERE to sign up! 


They include a new pair of scissors for signing up!  This is such a cute idea, however my son got pink and he was not thrilled.  Easy fix, I called and they will send us out a new pair!  Great customer service.  


 The first project is "the germinator". They grow seeds inside a papertowel and cd case. I can't wait to do this one with him.  What an appropriate spring activity!


The next project was a coaster made out of sea glass and plaster.  Again, a cute idea.  After seeing what was included, I'm a little bit disappointed at the $20/month price tag.  I think they are charging way too much for this service to only include these two projects.  I would be pretty ticked if I paid full price.  They need maybe a 3rd art project of something that would make this seem worth the heft price tag. I could buy all of these or find them laying around my house for cheaper than $20. 

1 comment:

  1. I ordered this through Plum District too!! I haven't gotten mine yet but I hope its okay... :)

    ReplyDelete